BEST "FUNNIEST HOLIDAY" STORY (2020 Heartfelt Holidays Contest)

My late husband was trying to light to deep fryer for turkey well when he took and struck the light it blazed up I want the pipe it wasn’t connected to the propane tank dinner got that out he handed me the fire Extinction and told me if it blazed back up again to put it out so when he lit it again Blaze that could so I pulled the trigger on the fire extinguisher and I covered him with that stuff he look just like the Pillsbury Doughboy we had three ovens to burn up that year Wowway was trying to ’ cook at Thanksgiving meal but we got it done

All year long, we look forward to having raspberry cream cheese coffee cake during the holidays. Because this year is quite different, we didn’t think we would ever be able to find it. The holidays would not be the same.
There wasn’t a fair this summer, craft shows were cancelled and normal days seem everything but normal. It often feels like a real life Frosty lost his hat moment.
But, yesterday I arose from my slumber to rummage through my kitchen cupboards…and what to my roaming eyes appeared?
A raspberry cream cheese coffee cake!
We laughed, cried and ate every bite! Oh Happy Holidays!

I always wrapped my dogs something for Christmas. That year it was dog bones. I came down in the middle of the night to find my mutt had opened the gift and him and the York’s were both eating them. A month later at the age of 17, he passed but he had a good last Christmas.

My grandmother always made pies of some sort for the holidays. My brother in law had a piece of her sugar pie, and since no one else had any, asked if he could take the rest home. My sister called me that night to tell me my brother in law was really loving the pie, until he found fish bones in it. My grandmother was showing signs of dementia, and instead of cleaning out a dish she had fish in, she cooked that pie in it. My brother law asked who made what before ever eating anything at holidays.

We were at my sister’s house for the holidays. She doesn’t really cook so she asked me to cook the turkey. She had already bought one that was already stuffed. I got everything ready and went to get the turkey from the freezer(these pre-stuffed ones have to stay frozen) and it wasnt there. She had defrosted it and it was ruined. Needless to say we only ate sides that year. She doesn’t even buy the turkey now.

I have 3 kids and 3 grandkids that I spend Christmas with. My kids are my son who is 34 who has the 3 kids, my 2 daughters who are 23 and 16. Let’s not discuss why my kids are that many years apart, that’s a story for another day. Lol Last year we were all together opening our presents and everyone was having a good time. Somehow when I was wrapping presents I put my son’s name on one of my oldest daughters presents. Needless to say when he opened that gift there was 7 pairs of women’s thong underwear from Victoria Secret in it. My son’s face turned blood red as the rest of us was dying laughing. Needless to say the two youngest boys who were 4 and 6 were running around with thong underwear on their head. Both my son and oldest daughter were dying of embarrassment. I definitely won’t make that mistake again.

I brought my mom a belgian waffle maker, because she loved them so much. I just knew I had the perfect gift. The morning came to open gifts, the excitement grew as she opened my gift, she opened it and just looked at it. She then replied, “I like to eat them not make them.” As an adult, we all laugh at her reaction to that gift.

My sister bought a new house and decided she would hold Christmas at her place. She has never cooked before. She said she would do turkey, potatoes and veggies, she even had dessert!
I got there and she pulls out this turkey, it is burnt on top and frozen in the middle -she cooked it from frozen. The potatoes she forgot to boil, so they were still uncooked and hard . Veggies were ok.The dessert was still in the freezer -rock solid… so we all sat around with our plates of just veggies and told her how good they were… she took up cooking classes soon after. :joy: