BEST "FUNNIEST HOLIDAY" STORY (2020 Heartfelt Holidays Contest)

Post your entries into the Best “Funniest Holiday” Story for the 2020 Solitaire TriPeaks Heartfelt Holidays Contest here!

These short (3 to 4 paragraphs maximum) stories something that happened that made you laugh around the holidays.

2 Likes

First Christmas Eve with my love and in-law parents. Perfect little traditional dinner candle light. Decorations abound.
Mother in law reached for the cute little Santa toothpick holder and shook it over her mashed potatoes! She thought it was the salt shaker. Lol
Ice breaker, for sure. We still laugh about that goof.

2 Likes

My Aunt sent us all 4 kids our gifts early every year. So u would try and guess what u got . We got to open hers on Christmas Eve . Well my older brother had been running cross country at school and was really into competitions . So he was asking for anything related to running .
So Christmas Eve rolls around and my 2 little sisters and I open ours showing off our neat clothes she had gotten us. It then was my brothers turn and he opens it and he’s staring down at the box strangely. Inside is one dirty sock a wrist sweat band and a used head band . I go wow is something wrong with Aunt Nancy my parents come over and look at the contents and stare at each other and are puzzled. My mom goes to my Dad what’s with your sister .
This is continuing on and no one is looking at my brother who is smiling. I look over and he can’t hold it in and burst out laughing. He had weeks before unwrapped and replaced the items . Oh boy my parents were half mad half laughing .

1 Like

Every holiday my family celebrate together, just at different family members homes. We have a great time, but we have one rule if you drink to much and fall asleep you will get your the worst make-up job ever and it will get posted on all the social media sites lol. An we don’t discriminate male or female, and guest also. An it regardless of whose house we are celebrating at someone seems to break a chair when they sit in it… it is not the same chair because it usually break beyond repair.

1 Like

Well not all of the meal but our Golden Retriever Belle got the whole turkey :turkey: for her Christmas meal lol :joy:

1 Like

We all sat down to the meal. We got to missing the deviled eggs. We looked everywhere in the kitchen, the refrigerator, etc. Then someone turned and noticed that my sister in law at the time had pulled the chair up to the table that had the deviled eggs on them and sat down! She’d been sitting on the deviled egg platter the whole time!

When my brother and I were 6 and 8, we got up Christmas at 2 am and opened EVERYONE’S Christmas gifts under the tree. We quickly realized we messed up and tried to “fix” it. We did the world’s worst re-wrapping job and mixed up everyone’s tags. Christmas morning was very interesting!!! Lol

When Our daughter was in first grade, her teacher gave the pupils an unfinished story that they were to complete. The story was: It was Christmas Eve and Santa was delivering gifts at each house. H
e would slide down the chimney and would always find a plate of cookies and a glass of milk which he would eat. As the night wore on he got bigger and bigger. Finally when he arrived at our house, he got stuck in the chimney. The pupils were to finish the story. Our daughter ended it by writing, “So he stayed there until he died !”

1 Like

At thanksgiving one year while my children were still little. I had fixed the whole thanksgiving meal. Placed it on the table and we were fixing to sit down to eat and the table broke in half and all the food fell to the middle of the floor. We all sit there in shock. Then my 5 year old Kenneth started laughing. We all got so tickled we moved the chairs and sit on the floor and ate our thanksgiving dinner . the food that was on top of course but it was the happiest thanksgiving. We still laugh about it today. 23 years later.

1 Like

When all 4 of us kids were teenagers, my Parents had a New Years dinner with a lot of the guys that my Dad worked with. Bear in mind that ALL of the guests were Master Sargents or higher in the State Police. Some of the people Mom knew & others she didn’t & they all brought their spouses.
It was extremely an formal dinner until the following happened. We had all been introduced to everyone & we’re in the middle of dinner. Still very formal, almost uncomfortably so. My Mom looks at Richard (whose Rank was the highest) & said “So, are you a Dick?)
I started snickering but when I looked across the table at my sister, we both completely lost it. Unfortunately, I had a mouthful of food & it ended up all over the place. It took my Mom a few minutes to realize what she’d said & got completely embarrassed. My Dad got mad at us but Thank God the rest of the guests thought it was funny to so we didn’t get in trouble. That is the most memorable Holiday I’ve ever had!

1 Like

Every year for Christmas I wrap everyone’s gifts, so every year I pick someone to prank. My dad go engaged right before Christmas, so I thought it was a perfect time to prank my dads fiancé, I bought her a small little hand sanitizer, as a joke of course, I put a few rocks in with the hand sanitizer to make it heavier, I wrapped the box, put it in another and wrapped that one, there were a total of 6 boxes. The 1 box was just wrapped, the second one was wrapped in a wrapping paper that is impossible to rip, the third box was wrapped in ramen packets, the 4th was wrapped in tin foil… the fifth… ahh the fifth it had 6 layers of duck tape and 3 layers of zip ties… after her working on that 1 gift for 20 minutes she finally got it open to find a hand sanitizer!! Haha! Oops!

My mother loved to bake, especially around the holidays. One year she had made so much there was not enough room in the refrigerator to keep it .
Well living in North Dakota in the winter can get pretty cold and we owned a station wagon. She had us put everything in the vehicle thinking this was a great idea. We put pies, cakes, candy even caramel apples. This was about a week from Christmas.
To shorten the story when the time came to bring everything in the house to enjoy, it was all frozen solid. Of course some we could eat after it thawed but the rest was inedible. Now you know how could those winters can get. It always brings a chuckle when I think about it.

I had moved to a new home and had not yet used the oven .I had made a ham in the slow cooker was fixing all the trimmings on the stove. Turkey was in oven temp dial on. So about 3 hrs in to preparing meal I went to look on how turkey was doing. It was still raw. There was an knob you also had to turn to on for oven which I didn’t realize. So our family and guest had to eat just ham with all the fixings. Turkey was done for dinner. Lol

My story is pretty short but I smile every time I think of it. I am the mother of 3 boys, stairsteps in age, so I have heard my share of funny things. One day after Thanksgiving when my children were about 8, 9 and 10 we were driving somewhere and I said, “You know, Christmas is right around the corner.”
My middle son quickly asked, “Can we go there?” It filled my heart and made me laugh and I’ve never forgotten that feeling. He’s 30 now. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Shaunna67
The Christmas String
I keep a piece of ordinary string in the Christmas box. It all started several years ago…
My daughter had her first apartment and came over for Christmas Eve. She immediately said “Mom, the tree is way too bare! We need more ornaments!” So I got out the boxes (we have 8) and we proceeded to add more…lots more. All the while we were laughing and catching up on our week and not paying much attention because suddenly the tree toppled over!
It crashed down an inch away from my seated husband and scared the cats silly. Luckily no one was hurt and only 2 ornaments broke!
As I open the boxes of decorations this year, I find the string right on top. This year we might be separated by distance, but our bonds of love and memories are strong, tying our hearts together like unbreakable string.

One Christmas my son who was at the time 12 only crammed his face in the trifle, just for laughs lol.

It was the first holiday in my new role as a stay at home dad and I was in charge of preparing the festive dinner. I chose to cook a duck. I consulted several books for the perfect recipe.
After working all morning getting everything perfect the duck was finally ready. The kiddo at the time was still just a little one 8 months old. We also had two dogs. We had moved into a new home and coverted a back bedroom into a television room. Just being the two of us we settled in to watch holiday shows. After about 39 minutes I went to the kitchen for seconds as it is not often I have duck only to find the duck had completely disappeared with two happy dogs passed out having enjoyed the best meal of their life

Yesterday my husband of 33 years and I decided to have a new first and went to the mountains to cut down a Christmas tree to put in his new Ford focus. after looking for over an hour all over the side of the mountain we found the perfect tree cut it down got it in the Ford focus… Which was really funny… Went down to pay and was told cash only… We were $19 short…long story short we ended up taking the tree back out of the car driving down the mountain and home for 2 hours ride.
we ended up back in our hometown and got a Christmas tree in 5 minutes from home Depot which was also the perfect Christmas tree…but you should have seen us after we cut that tree down high five each other and kissed each other cuz Yes we finally went to the mountains and cut a tree down… Only to leave it and go to home Depot 5 minutes away from home to get a tree… It was pretty freaking funny we were laughing our butts off… Happy holidays.

1 Like

My great aunt Evelyn coming to holiday party. Prior to her arriving we had 4 raccoons in the attic. They were removed & laid on the grass next to the walkway. Evelyn replied if we were having possum soup as a new holiday soup. We all about peed our pants.

Happy Holidays to everyone sending prayers too all​:heart: hello my name is Latasha iam a Caregiver at a Assisting Living community in Rancho Palos Verdes California. I was talking one of my residents for a walk in the garden she will be 99 this month! I say to her it’s almost Christmas what do you want Santa to bring you this year she says I want Santa to bring me some Sex :speak_no_evil: I was floored I couldn’t stop laughing because I was in total shock she said this i responded I don’t think santa can put that understand the :christmas_tree: or in :socks: she replys oh I didn’t :thinking: about that!:laughing: Seniors gotta love them​:heart: